Wednesday 26 September 2012

World's Greatest Dad

I'm tired & getting a bit headachy tonight so lets get straight to my project - a Father's Day card made for my darling husband.
This was one of those rare cards (for me lately anyway) that came together really quickly & even better, I love the final card. I was playing around with my Labels Framelits dies & liked how the vertical frame & a horizontal label looked together, especially with the piercing made with another favourite new item - piercing templates. I stamped 'World's Greatest' on the label & again on some crumb cake card, which I cut into a banner shape, then added the die cut Dad. You can see the layering better below....& also the cool Comfort Cafe DSP - perfect for masculine cards.
I think that's just about all I wanted to say, except thanks for visiting & leave me a comment if you have any questions or would just like to say hi. I hope you liked the card. I'll hopefully be back next time with the projects we made for my Fathers Day-Masculine class in August, once I take some better pics. Until then...
Inky wishes, Di
Supplies (All Stampin' Up!)
Stamps: World's Greatest
Card/Paper: crumb cake, soft suede, cajun craze, naturals ivory, baja breeze, old olive card, Comfort Cafe DSP
Ink: cajun craze, not quite navy ink pad
Accessories: vintage brad, dimensionals
Tools: Big Shot, Labels Framelits, Piercing Tool, Piercing Mat (Annual Catalogue), Festive Piercing Pack (Holiday Catalogue), Timeless Type Alphabet dies (retired)

1 comment:

H2 :) said...

This is really neat Di! Love how you have spun the focal framelit layer & all the interest of the sentiment. The comfort cafe paper is awesome & looks great finished with the twin mats. Great card. :)